This one year course will be delivered on a part time/evening basis at our Coolock campus, with a minimum of 12 contact hours per week. The radio broadcasting elements of the course will take place in the nearby NEAR fm radio facilities. The course requires full commitment from participants, as self-directed learning is central to successful completion of the Top-up degree.
The course, which will be taught by industry professionals, will develop learners’ ability to communicate effectively via a range of broadcast and digital platforms. You will be encouraged to engage in independent, critical thinking and to use your imagination, creativity and organisational skills. Participants should also demonstrate the ability to work to deadlines in the creation of journalistic items for broadcast/publication. Find out more about the course content here
Applicants will be interviewed and should hold a relevant HND with merit/distinction profile or equivalent qualification, as well as portfolio of work and experience. Mature students with relevant experience are welcome to apply. Academic or employer references are essential.
Apply for this course here
Interviews will take place in April/May 2017.
· January - March: online applications
· End of March: interview notifications to applicants that meet the minimum requirements
· Mid/end of April: interviews
· End of May: HND results collated for current students. Offers will be made to the top 20 students (results /application /interview)
· By end of June: successful applicants to secure their place with €1,000 deposit
· July, if places are still available, new offers will be made in order of suitability.
· Mid-September : course starts
*This course is run under the colleges part-time provision and will form subject to numbers enrolled on the course. Students are not eligible for a grant in this Top-Up course.
The cost of the programme will be €3,500 Euro, to be paid in 3 instalments.
*A minimum number of participants will be required in order for course to commence.