Director: Pat Garvan
Tel (01) 848 1400
All our part-time courses are currently located in our Coolock Campus only. See our location page for further details.
Coláiste Dhúlaigh’s College of Further Education offers an exciting range of part-time courses during the day and evening. These courses are designed to improve the student’s competence and skills and to prepare one for further and higher education and training in a part-time setting. Our part-time courses are also for those who wish to return to education for the enjoyment of learning itself and/or for the social interaction.
A distinctive feature, which the college is proud of, is its ability to respond to the educational needs of the local working population, community groups and the individual. Coláiste Dhúlaigh CFE’s Part-Time Department welcomes any request or query for new programmes from an individual or group of people.
Applications for all courses should be made directly to Coláiste Dhúlaigh College of Further Education, Coolock only. You may apply by post or by visiting the college. Download our application form and prospectus here. The appropriate fee should accompany all postal application forms. See our current brochure or visit the website for course costs.
Interviews are held for a limited number of courses. Where this applies please send your name and address with telephone contact details to the ‘Adult & Community Further Education Office: Part-Time’ stating your date of birth and ppsn number and why you wish to join your chosen course. This application should reach the college preferably between mid-August and mid-September each year.
Course fees must be paid in full at enrolment. Cheques, postal orders & drafts should be made payable to the ‘City of Dublin V.E.C.’ Please do not send cash with postal applications. Fees are only refunded where a class fails to form. Duration of term may be adjusted to suit lower demand. Fee waivers are available for some social welfare recipients - enquire at registration. Proof of P.P.S. number and written evidence of status is essential from the relevant agency a copy of which must accompany your fee waiver request.
A supervised car park is available; however, cars are parked at owner’s risk.
a) Enrolment by Post – from 16th July 2013
Post an Application Form or your Name & Address, phone numbers & course details along with the course fee to Coolock Campus at the address above and mark envelope “FAO Part-Time Admissions”.
Cheques, Bank Drafts or Postal Orders should be made payable to “City of Dublin VEC”
b) Enrolment in Person at the Coolock Campus only – from 16th September 2013
Monday & Tuesday 11.00 - 12.00 Noon 6.30 - 8.00 pm
Thursday & Friday 11.00 - 12.00 Noon
All fees paid after 6pm are preferred to be by cheque; draft or postal order.
Fee Discounts – The College offers fee discounts to the following groups with Social Welfare Status: Unemployed Benefit, Unemployment Assistance, Lone Parent, Disability, Signing for Credits and Non-Contributory Pension. Maximum partial fee-waiver €75.
A partial fee waiver must be sought at the time of enrolment.
Coláiste Dhúlaigh College of Further Education
Conditions of Enrolment & General Information
1. Enrolment may be carried out by a friend or relative provided it is with the full knowledge and consent of the person being enrolled.
2. Classes are only formed when the required viable enrolment is reached or appropriate adjustments are made to course duration. These courses are run on a self-financing basis.
3. All applications are dealt with on a strictly rota basis. Students will becontacted ONLY if they have not been accepted. If we are unable to accommodate you in your chosen subject or if your class does not form we will contact you by telephone or by post.
4. If the college does not contact you please assume that your enrolment has been accepted and that your course will start on the date stated in this booklet and/or on your receipt.
5. Fees / invoices (where applicable) must be paid in full before a student begins class.
6. Refunds (only applicable when a class does not form) are posted out at the end of the month following cancellation of class. Courses are run subject to sufficient enrolment and are self-financing. Please ensure you choose your course carefully.
7. Fee receipts are issued at enrolment and must be presented to the tutor on your first class meeting. Please keep the receipt for your own record.
8. Fees are not transferable to another student.
9. Fees cover tuition costs only. Materials used during class and examination/registration fees must be paid for separately unless otherwise stated.
10. Fee Discounts may be available for some categories of Social Welfare recipients. Enquire at registration. A partial fee waiver maximum allowance is €75. All applicants qualifying for a partial fee waiver must pay at least €20 towards the cost of their course. Written evidence from the relevant social welfare agency must accompany your application for a fee discount. Discounts do not apply to Leisure / Recreation Courses or Daytime Irish Language courses. The fee waiver must be sought at the time of enrolment only.
11. CollegeRules and Regulations: By enrolling the student agrees to abide by the college regulations and the Code of Classroom Ethics.
12. The college cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to property of students while in the environs of the college.
13. The director reserves the right to close a course at any time OR change the course duration, day and/or time if circumstances deem necessary.
14. If you must, please smoke outside the building in designated areas.
15. Courses are available to persons 16 years or older.
16. Refreshments: Tea, coffee & soft drinks are available in the canteen during day and evening sessions. Closed at 8.30 pm sharp.
Or Text 083 348 1310 with your Name & Address for a brochure