Community Health Services (5M4468) QQI Level 5 award
This one-year full time course in Pre-University Psychology will introduce you to the field of “scientific psychology” and provide you with a broad understanding of the various subdisciplines within this social science. Over the year, you will learn how psychologists’ study, explain and predict behaviour, in addition to classifying and treating abnormal behaviour. You will learn about the use of psychology in clinical, forensic, consumer, occupational and other community settings.
The modules have been specifically selected to provide you with a strong foundation of knowledge for entering onto a degree in psychological science. This course also benefits applicants interested in related fields including mental health (counselling and psychotherapy), justice and law, social care, marketing and many more.
As a growing sector, in huge demand, this course will be of interest to anyone fascinated by human behaviour seeking a strong foundation in this field.
This course leads to a Level 5 QQI award in Community Health Services (5M4468)
- Human Growth & Development
- Research Methods
- Social Studies
- Understanding Mental Health
- Safety & Health at Work
- Customer Service
- Work Experience
Students are expected to have an academic ability which will allow them to engage in a meaningful way with a QQI Level 5 course of this type. This may include:
– A QQI Level 4 qualification,
– A minimum of 5 Pass grades in the Leaving Certificate, one of which should be an O6 grade in Leaving Certificate English
– An overall Merit Grade in LCA.
– Exceptions may be made for mature students returning to education.
– Students undertaking work placements are also required to meet the conditions of our Fitness to Practice policy along with statutory Garda Vetting requirements
This course is free for those over 21 and in receipt of a social welfare payment*. Click here for more information and to check eligibility.