Certificate in Tourism with Business QQI Level 5 (5M5011) – Year 1
Advanced Certificate in Tourism with Business QQI Level 6 (6M5012) – Year 2
The course includes the study of all aspects of the Tourism Industry, providing students with the skills necessary to gaining employment in this ever expanding area.
In addition to providing a good grounding in the Industry, students will also get the opportunity to obtain the Amadeus examination – which is the industry recognised ticketing system.
- Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied.
- Mature Students with relevant life or work experience and those without a formal education are also welcome to apply.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested prior to acceptance.
- Students who successfully complete all modules in year one of Tourism with Marketing QQI Award 5M5011
- Candidates with a relevant full QQI Level 5 certificate
- Mature Students with relevant life or work experience and those without a formal education are welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested prior to acceptance
Note: If you intend purchasing a device to complete assessments and access notes for this course, a device with Microsoft Windows Operating System Is recommend, with a minimum of 128 GB. All enrolled students will be provided with a free Microsoft 365 account.
Year 1: Tourism with Business, QQI Level 5 (5M5011)
Year 2: Tourism with Business, QQI Level 6 (6M5012)
This course will qualify you to work in many areas of the Tourism Industry, including the Airline, Travel Agency and Hotel Industries.
Students who achieve level 6 QQI certification with Coláiste Dhúlaigh College of Further Education are eligible to apply for entry to the second year of the Tourism and Marketing degree in DIT. Students may also gain entry to first year of various tourism and business related programmes in a number of Institutes of Technology via the CAO application process.
Click here to have a look at a recent trip to Trinity College, Dublin.
Year 1: €50
Year 2: €50
This course is free for those over 21 and in receipt of a social welfare payment*. Click here for more information and to check eligibility.